Assured Shorthold Tenancy
Guild landlords get deposit protection for £12.00 (deposit up to £500) or £20.20 (deposit greater than £500) via discount code to DPS insured scheme.
Download the assured shorthold tenancy via Tenancy Builder.
It is suitable where the deposit is protected with DPS, Mydeposits or Deposit Protection Scheme (Dispute Service). It is also suitable if no deposit is taken, and a guarantor can be added (single or multiple).
You must not use this agreement for the following purposes:
- If you are protecting the deposit in any scheme other than the Deposit Protection Service.
- If the rent is to be greater than £100,000 per annum
- If the tenant is not to be an individual (e.g. company)
- If it is not intended to be used by the tenant as their only or principal home
- If the tenancy is under an earlier contract to the same tenants and the earlier agreement was made before 15 January 1989.
- If the dwelling-house is in Greater London AND the rent payable is £1,000 or less a year or, If the dwelling-house is not in Greater London AND the rent payable is £250 or less a year.
- If the tenancy is for a business.
- If the dwelling-house consists of or comprises premises licensed for selling intoxicating liquors for consumption on the premises.
- If it is a tenancy under which agricultural land exceeding two acres is let together with the dwelling-house.
- If the tenancy is an agricultural holding.
- If the purpose of the tenancy is the right to occupy for a holiday.
- If the landlord is a Resident Landlord as defined in Schedule 1 Housing Act 1988.
- If the tenant is to be a lodger, living with the landlord.
- If the tenancy is to be granted by a private landlord under arrangements for the provision of support for asylum-seekers or dependants of asylum-seekers made under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
*A subscription is required to download forms.
Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing