Contractual (Common-Law) Tenancy Agreement
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY THIS IS PART OF THE TENANCY BUILDER
To check the suitability of this agreement, please see this page.
This agreement must not be used for the following purposes:
- If the tenancy is an assured shorthold tenancy
- If the tenant is to be a lodger, living and sharing facilities (such as kitchen, bathroom and living room) with the landlord.
- If the tenancy is an agricultural holding.
- If the purpose of the tenancy is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the dwelling-house for a holiday.
- If the tenancy is for the purposes of a business.
- If a green deal plan is in place AND that plan has an early repayment clause (which only applies where certain business have taken the green deal plan. A normal green deal plan is acceptable with this agreement).
This agreement may be used for the following purposes:
- If the rent is to be greater than £100,000 per annum
- If the tenant is not to be an individual (e.g. company let)
- If it is not intended to be for the used by the tenant as their only or principle home (but not a holiday let)
- If the dwelling-house is in Greater London and the rent payable for the time being under the tenancy is payable at a rate of 1,000 or less a year, or
- If the dwelling-house is not in Greater London the rent payable is 250 or less a year.
- If the dwelling-house consists of or comprises premises licensed for the sale of intoxicating liquors for consumption on the premises.
- If the landlord is a Resident Landlord as defined in Schedule 1 Housing Act 1988.
- If it is a tenancy under which agricultural land, exceeding two acres, is let together with the dwelling-house.
*A subscription is required to download forms.
Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing