Letter to Local Authority Requesting Details of Housing Benefit Paid to Tenant

This form is not suitable for Universal Credit.

When a landlord has a tenant claiming housing benefits, it can be frustrating when the local authority refuses to speak to the landlord about the claim. Often, all a landlord wishes to know is if payment has been made to the tenant or not. It is not commonly known, but in most cases, a landlord has an absolute right to know if any payments of money have been made to the tenant. 

This template letter is to write to the local authority requesting details of all housing benefit payments. 

The template outlines all the relevant statutory authorities seeking the request. It reminds them (and quoting the legislation) that the demand for payments is excluded from the Data Protection Act non-disclosure provisions. 

The letter is in Rich Text Format (RTF), so it will work on all word processors and can be edited as you see fit.

*A subscription is required to download forms. 

Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing