Change of Tenant’s Name Following Marriage

Our tenants have recently got married. Is it necessary to amend the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement to reflect the name change?

View Related Handbook Page

Changing the Terms (Not Rent Only)

If the tenancy is a fixed-term assured shorthold tenancy, the landlord can only change the tenancy's terms within the fixed term if the tenant agrees. It is best to agree on any changes in writing. Usually, any changes are made by getting the tenant to sign a new tenancy agreement, incorporating the new terms and conditions.