Landlord’s Buildings Insurance

Real Estate Insurance solutions for property owners

On behalf of The Guild of Residential Landlords Ltd, Gallagher has negotiated competitive insurance rates for property owners.
We can provide cover for most types of property, with tenants accepted as standard, as well as offering:

  • Cover provided for malicious damage caused by tenants.
  • Loss of rent included as standard at no additional cost (up to £25,000 over a 12-month indemnity period)
  • Alternative residential accommodation
  • Property owners liability – limit of indemnity £ 5 million
  • Up to 90 days unoccupancy
  • Clearance of drains
  • Fly tipping (£2,000 any one event)
  • Investigation expenses (£5,000 any one event)
  • Locks and keys (£2,000 any one event)
  • Loss of metered utility supply (£10,000 any one event)
  • Preservation of undamaged property
  • Damage caused by falling trees
  • Trace and access (£10,000 any one event)
  • Unauthorised use of public utilities (£10,000 any one event)


  • Subsidence and Malicious Damage Caused by tenants – £1000
  • Storm and Flood – £500
  • Escape of Water  and/or Oil – £500
  • Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Aircraft – NIL
  • Any other damage – £250

A minimum premium of £250 applies. Policy limits and exclusions may apply; please see policy wording for full terms and conditions.


For further information, please get in touch with the real estate property solutions team.

Adam Taylor

Ben Bennet
01384 500283

Custom House
The Waterfront
Level Street
Brierley Hill
West Midlands

The Guild of Residential Landlords is an introducer-appointed representative of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered Office: Spectrum Building, 7th Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT.
Registered in Scotland. Company Number: SC108909.​.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

It’s a legal requirement that all letting and managing agents be a member of a redress scheme in England. All redress schemes require the agent to hold professional indemnity insurance as a condition of membership.

As with our buildings insurance, we work closely with Gallagher, who can offer you a quote for professional indemnity insurance. If you want a quote, please call as above.