A landlord should check a tenant or guarantor's suitability before granting a tenancy by taking references.
We offer a tenant or guarantor assessment service similar to obtaining a credit check, and checks include a prospective tenant or guarantor assessment score, County Court judgments (CCJ) and bankruptcy.
Reports are only available to subscribers and use 900 credits.
The referencing provides a simple-to-understand report. It is returned to you within a minute or so of completing the simple form providing details of the prospective tenant or guarantor.
- 24-hour easy online access
- One simple online form to fill in; we do the rest.
- A predictive tenancy assessment score indicates suitability
- Uncovers adverse, undisclosed and withheld information
- In most cases (95%), the report arrives by email within a few minutes.
The tenant assessment check does all of the following:
- Electoral roll check at the applicant's current and previous addresses
- A tenancy assessment score predicting the applicant's likelihood to pay
- A Public Information check to ascertain whether the applicant has CCJs, bankruptcy orders or voluntary arrangements
- A check to see if the applicant has any undisclosed addresses
Help using referencing service
Subscribers can also quickly check a current/previous landlord and a current/previous employer using our templates available for free download:
- Landlords reference template
- Employer reference template
- Character reference template
- Account/Solicitor reference template
- Trade reference
You must obtain a declaration from the prospective tenant that you are to use our service. Our online application for accommodation contains an appropriate disclaimer, or you can download a separate disclaimer page which should be added to your application form.