Introduction - Tenancy Builder 3
Tenancy Builder 3 is a sophisticated system for "building" a tenancy agreement based upon your individual choices.
Access Tenancy Builder 3 here: https://docs.landlordsguild.com
The agreements which can be created and downloaded are:
- Assured shorthold tenancy
- Contractual tenancy
- Lodger agreement
- Assured tenancy (rarely used)
- Garage agreement
- Non-domestic room
Digital signing is deeply integrated into the Tenancy Builder system.
Typical Clauses Included
Each agreement varies, but many common core clauses are included, and there is an option for additional terms to be added.
Typical clauses within the residential agreements include:
pay rent on time and in advance
- not damage the property
- no smoking
- one month's notice (for the tenant) when periodic
- possession by landlord
- no sub-letting etc.
- no pets (without consent)
- white goods not undertaken to be repaired
- tenant must notify about repairs
- shared areas (HMO room)
- plus many more
We automatically include the following documents, which are determined by selections made within the Builder (e.g. country, tenancy type, deposit scheme etc.)
- How to Rent guide for England and equivalent guide for Wales
- Tenancy deposit prescribed information
- EPC (if uploaded)
- Gas safety record (if uploaded)
- Electrical safety report (if uploaded)
- Legionella Information for tenants
When signing, tenants don't just agree to terms, but also they've received the documents.