When Trying to Build, Not Seeing the Save and Build Dropdown
Issue and symptoms:
When you are trying to build a tenancy, you are not seeing the save and build dropdown at the bottom of the last page; you may see an error (such as 413) or the dropdown with no options to select.
The reason this was being caused has been fixed.
You still see this because your browser has saved the old code from our website in its cache and is still loading the old code.
How to fix:
To fix this, try a hard reload of the page in the first instance (not consistently successful, see next option).
- Edit the tenancy you are having trouble with. If you see a popup, click dismiss.
- Hard reload that page by holding shift whilst clicking the refresh button in your toolbar. There are also keyboard shortcuts which please see here.
- Click on page 6 and see if you now see the dropdown (if not, try a hard reload of that page).
If that doesn't work, follow these steps to fix it (this option works in all cases).
- From the tenancies list, click "add new". If you see a popup, click dismiss.
- Choose options from the first two dropdowns on page 1 (tenancy type and deposit). If Wales, enter an occupation (any date is OK). Do NOT add a profile. Click next to page 2 and enter “Test” in the tenant name field. These fields are mandatory.
- Click next to the last page
- Select save and build from the dropdown and click save and build. (You will see it because everything else was left blank).
- When complete, click the green completed to double-check the PDF opens. If it doesn't, contact us.
- You can now try to edit the agreement where you saw the error initially. If that still shows the dropdown problem, go to next below.
- Edit the blank agreement you just tested by adding all details; it will work from now on.