Part P Building Regulations

What work is covered by Part P? The Regulations apply to all fixed electrical installation work in dwellings. Fixed electrical installations include all the fixed electrical cables or fixed electrical equipment (such as a permanently connected electric cooker) located on the consumer’s side of the electrical meter. These do not include portable or transportable electrical appliances.

View Related Handbook Page

Electrical Safety and Electrical Goods

Landlords should have a clear understanding of their responsibilities in relation to electrical installations and appliances