Membership of a Landlord Association
There are some landlord associations, and it is worth considering paying to join and become a member. Membership normally includes:
- a regular newsletter giving advice
- updates on housing laws or policy as they change
- supply of documents including tenancy agreements, application forms and possession notices
- the chance to make representations on proposed changes to regulations, the law or tax
- discounts for services such as insurance
- individual advice if there is a problem.
Landlord associations typically hold periodic meetings where there is an opportunity to meet other landlords and discuss issues and problems. Through the network of other members, landlords can obtain ideas and procedures to resolve the problems on managing more successfully.
A landlords association that operates nationally is the Guild of Residential Landlords - https://www.landlordsguild.com