Notify Water Authority

Where a property is provided water by a supplier who operates “wholly or mainly in Wales”, certain notifications to the supplier about a new tenancy are required. The water authorities are Dwr Cymru Welsh Water and Dee Valley Water. The legislation does not affect properties covered by other water providers. Still, some properties in the English counties of Cheshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire supplied by those two providers are caught. Despite Severn Trent Water supplying water to some properties in Wales, those properties are NOT caught by the legislation (because they do not supply water wholly or mainly in Wales).

Related Forms

Notify Water Supplier

After a tenant has moved into a new property, it is wise to have taken meter readings and notified utility companies.

Notify Tenant Providing Information To Water Authority

property owners, mainly in Wales and small parts of England, must notify the water undertaker about the occupiers within 21 days of a tenancy