Application For Leave To Transfer For High Court Enforcement Officer

When obtaining possession (and a money judgment) through the courts, sometimes enforcement of the order can be difficult through the County Court Bailiff because of severe delays, which can sometimes be longer than 6 - 8 weeks. 

Where a tenant isn't paying rent, this can become costly. Alternatively, the possession proceedings can be transferred to the High Court, but permission is needed first (which isn't always given). 

This is a covering letter that would be sent in with a claim form for possession (N5, N119 or N5B) seeking permission to transfer enforcement if possession is ordered. With this covering letter, you are still not bound to use the High Court as it would still need transferring. 

This asks for permission. There are three possible outcomes:

  • permission granted as asked for (or some variation)
  • the covering letter rejected, and the claimant is asked to complete a formal application accompanied by a fee
  • permission refused

*A subscription is required to download forms.

Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing