Regulation 96 (Discretionary) Request for Direct HB Payment

When a tenant receives housing benefits and is in arrears with their rent, you can request direct payment even before they are eight weeks or more in arrears. Such payment is discretionary only and not guaranteed, but there's no harm in asking!

This form is not suitable for Universal Credit.

When a tenant is equivalent to eight weeks or more in arrears, you need to use form F037 to seek direct payment under regulation 95 and NOT this one. 

This notice is PDF and can be fully completed on-screen before sending. 

The notice makes the local authority aware of the various "grounds" available for discretionary direct payment under regulation 96 Housing Benefit Regulations 2006.

*A subscription is required to download forms.

Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing