Can New Owners Use Existing Section 21 Notices?

I've bought a property with a tenant - the previous landlord's agent issued a Section 21. Can I still use this to apply for a court hearing in my name, or must I issue a fresh S21?

View Related Handbook Page

Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave

A tenancy of someone's home, starting on or after 28 February 1997, will in most cases be an assured shorthold tenancy. Take advice early if there are any doubts about what type of tenancy is being terminated. The procedures for ending a tenancy are different, depending on the type of tenancy.