Can Property Managers Legally Sign Landlord Court Forms?


I manage a property for someone else, they have very little interest in running the property and just want a monthly income with no hassle.

The tenant's AST has the property owners name, not mine as the landlord, although I signed the AST on the landlords behalf.
The tenant stopped paying me rent and a colleague of mine served a S8 notice for me in February for non payment of rent.

After the notice period lapsed we wanted to file a possession claim via PCOL.

Am I OK to fill and write the Landlords name on the N5 form , should I put my details down as a legal representative and sign on the landlords behalf - or should this only be done by a solicitor?

Can I sign the N119 form by writing the landlords name and then enter my details as their legal representative?

View Related Handbook Page

Applying to Court for Possession — Standard Procedure

Learn when to make an application to the court using the Possession Claims Online Service (PCOL) or using forms N5 and N119 with our step-by-step guide.