Troubleshooting Application Form Errors: A Guide
We apologise if any applicants experience any difficulties when accessing the application form. This support article covers errors that may be reported.
This part explains how to fix an issue where the applicant tenant sees the message "Invalid code. Please try again." when entering the code on the application form using the unique URL you sent.
Why does it show the code is invalid?
It may show this message for several reasons:
- On creating the applicant, something may have gone wrong
- the applicant could be entering the code wrong (unlikely)
- some ad-blocker or security extension within the applicant's browser could be preventing the code.
How to fix code invalid
To fix the issue, follow these steps:
- Go to the applicant list within Tenancy Builder (click on applicants in the sidebar) and find the one having an issue.
- Click on edit via the actions button
- Click save, which will display a popup
Before sending the unique URL and code, do the following:
- Copy the URL
- Open a new browser tab and paste the URL
- Please enter the code to test it's working.
Assuming it worked, do the following:
- Close the browser tab you just tested
- Copy all the text or just the URL and code and paste them into a new email to the applicant
- Close the popup.
If, on testing, it didn't work, try the code again, and if it still fails, there may be an issue with the record. In this case, please create a new applicant and test before sending.
If it continues to fail, there may be something wrong with our system, and please inform us by submitting a support ticket.
Error Message 419 Page Expired
The 419 error typically means the applicant was in the form, left the window open, and returned sometime later, but it hasn't recognised it as a new visit.
Firstly, please check using the URL (click to edit and save to show the URL), enter the code and if you can access we know it's working.
If it fails, it might be worth creating a new one and sending it to them.
If it worked, please have your applicant try the following steps:
1. Clear their browser's cache and cookies.
2. Restart their browser.
3. Use a different browser or device, if possible.
4. Ensure they submit the application form without long delays between actions.