Secure Rental Income with Rent Guarantee Insurance
When it comes to securing your rental income, we at the Guild of Residential Landlords understand the importance of providing landlords with peace of mind. We're thrilled to introduce our Rent Guarantee Insurance in collaboration with Alan Boswell Insurance.
Our Rent Guarantee Insurance (or Rent Protection Insurance) protects your rental income if your tenant defaults. In addition to this, this policy also covers any legal expenses you might incur, such as eviction costs.
- Up to £2,500 cover per month for rental income
- 15 months' maximum rental cover
- 3 months of rental cover post-eviction at 75% of monthly rent
- Comprehensive landlord legal expenses up to £100,000 (including eviction costs)
- 24/7 access to a landlord legal expenses helpline
- All tenant types considered
We offer a special deal for landlords looking to secure landlord building insurance and rent guarantee insurance. Purchase both policies and save an additional £55 on your rent guarantee insurance policy.
Eligibility Criteria for Rent Guarantee Insurance
Before purchasing rent guarantee insurance, ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Affordability: Your tenant must earn at least two and a half times the monthly rental amount (from working income, benefits, pensions, or a combination).
- Credit Check: Tenants should be clear of CCJs, bankruptcies, or IVAs for at least three years. The Guild tenancy assessment report is acceptable.
- Proof of Identification: Two forms of ID are required to confirm the tenant's identity, one of which needs to include a photo, such as a passport or driving licence, along with a utility bill.
- Legal Tenancy Agreement: A legal tenancy agreement must be in place when making a claim; otherwise, the policy will be void. The Guild tenancy agreement and occupation contracts produced by Tenancy Builder are acceptable for this - read more about Tenancy Builder for England or Wales.
Your tenants must have passed the right-to-rent check as proof of identification for a rent guarantee insurance policy to be valid.
Why Choose Us?
We have chosen Alan Boswell Group as our partner provider because they understand landlords' challenges. Our Rent Guarantee Insurance aims to help protect your rental income, even if circumstances lead to a tenant defaulting on rent. Alan Boswell has a 4.8/5 rating from over 9170 reviews. Check out what our customers have to say.
Here's a detailed look at our Rent Guarantee Insurance:
- Rental income cover: Up to £2,500 per month for up to 15 months.
- Legal expenses cover: Up to £100,000 for eviction and other legal disputes.
- Legal advice helpline: 24/7 access to professional legal advice.
Our Rent Guarantee Insurance offers competitive pricing. Your monthly rental income determines the cost and whether you purchase it with our landlord insurance.
|Rental income per month||Cost with Landlord Insurance||Cost per property per year|
|Up to £2,500||£160 for 12 months||£215 for 12 months|
You have 90 days to submit a claim in case of rent default. Check out our step-by-step guide on submitting a claim.
Where can I get more information?
Frequently Asked Questions
We've answered some common questions regarding our Rent Guarantee Insurance.
My tenant has failed the referencing check; can they use a guarantor?
If tenants failed the tenant reference checks, they could use a guarantor instead. However, a guarantor must complete and pass the reference checks and achieve a higher affordability factor to ensure the tenant's right to rent.
What if my tenant can't get a guarantor?
If your tenant can’t get a guarantor, you cannot purchase a policy as the acceptance criteria haven’t been met.
Do guarantors get credit checked?
Yes, guarantors will have to be credit checked by the policyholder to ensure they do not have any CCJs or bankruptcies outstanding or settled within the last three years.
Can someone be a guarantor if they have a bad credit rating?
Definitions of ‘bad credit rating’ vary, so for guarantors to be accepted, you must ensure they do not have any CCJs or bankruptcies outstanding or settled within the last three years.
Is a guarantor liable for unpaid rent?
If a tenant has not met the acceptance criteria, a guarantor is in place, and the tenant defaults, then the guarantor will be liable for the rent.
Can someone remove themselves from being a guarantor?
Yes, but this would need agreement from whoever the guarantor agreement is with. If a guarantor is removed, the insurance policy may become invalid.
Secure your rental income today with our Rent Guarantee Insurance. It's not just an insurance policy; it's peace of mind.